Monday 1 July 2013

Bodyshop Skincare Product Review

Hey, guys!
I haven't posted any solely beauty things for a while and I recently bought some new facial/skincare products from The Bodyshop and decided I'd do a little "review" on them today.



 Vitamin E - Cream Cleanser 


For me, this cleanser does pretty much what it's meant to do - cleanse. I dampen my face take a grape sized amount on my fingers and dot it on my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin, rub it all over and then wash off with a wet muslin cloth. I feel it leaves my skin a little dry though. However it does feel clean.
The bottle states that it removes makeup but I cannot confirm or deny this as I am not a daily makeup wearer so I am yet to try it for this purpose.

 Vitamin E -Hydrating Toner
 
 
 I use this straight after the cleanser to remove any excess and to prep my skin for exfoliating. I put a few drops onto a cotton pad (enough to do my whole face) and then sweep over. It leaves my skin feeling nice and refreshed.

Vitamin E - Cream Exfoliator

 
After cleansing and toning, I use this exfoliator. Again, just a grape sized amount does fine and I rinse off with a muslin cloth. For me, it's a really good exfoliator and my skin always feels super soft afterwards. It also has antioxidant protection which is good.
 

Vitamin E: Gentle Facial Wash
 

If I'm in a rush and don't have time to cleanse, tone and exfoliate, I use this. Nice, quick and easy. It too has the antioxidant protection and it cleanses the skin. It leaves my face soft but not as soft as the exfoliator. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who doesn't have the time for a skincare routine but wants the same type of results without using multiple products.
 
Vitamin E - Moisture Cream
 

 


I sometimes suffer from dry skin, only at my nose, which gets really rather annoying and I have found, since using this moisturiser that I haven't had any dryness there at all. This is a great moisturiser, I love it and I LOVE the smell. It's not scented, it's just got that clean, skincare product smell that I love. I have a feeling this will last me a while as you only need a TINY amount to cover your whole face (about the size of a pea will do plenty).
 
Vitamin E - Sink-in Moisture Mask
 

This moisture mask is pretty much the same as the other moisturiser except this one requires even less to cover your whole face. It is very "oily" at first. I find it sinks in (like it says) rather quickly and it doesn't bother me, but others may not find it the same. I was told by the woman in the shop that you can either leave it on for 10 minutes then rinse or put it on at night and sleep with it on. I do the latter and in the morning I don't rinse it off but just go straight to my cleansing etc.
 
I would definitely reccommend all off these products to people, like me who have fairly "normal" skin. The products are meant for all skin types, but The Body Shop does all of these products in different ranges:
 
Tea Tree - Blemished Skin.
(I used this when I was about 12, for a year or so, and I only ever get the odd spot here and there.)
Vitamin C - Dull Skin
Seaweed - Combination/Oily Skin
 
Etc. Just go in store and ask which range is best for you. That's why the workers are there, to help you. The products aren't too expensive. These 6 products cost £55 (although there was a deal on so I got 40% off). If you're unsure wether these will work, they sell a little bag which has minis/travel size versions of most of these products for only £10! well worth it!
 
 
 
Ok, so I'm really bad at ending posts. Sorry. Hope you enjoyed!
 
- Emma
 



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment