Thursday 6 June 2013

Hair and Make Up Tutorial!

I had an idea for a make up tutorial recently and thought I would show you guys! It's really simple and gives a great definition to the eye! I didn't have an intention to do a hair tutorial but Natalie asked how to do a bun so I thought I would show you guys too!

Make Up

  1. Apply Foundation, we used L'Oréal Nude Magique CC Cream for anti-redness and Rimmel Stay Matte through the Tzone.
  2. Next we used Collection 2000 (I think it's just collection now!) Lasting Perfection Concealer to prime the eye lids. Using a flat shader brush, I mixed Sand Timer and Forgiveness from the Kat Von D - Poetica palette and placed all over the lid.
  3. Take a small blending brush and place a black eye shadow on the outer V, we used the black from the Sleek - Sunset 568 palette. Then use a larger blending brush and blend in the black eyeshadow until you're happy with it.
  4. On a liner brush take a gel eyeliner, I used Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner, and apply to the upper lash line. Take a black eye shadow on an angled brush and push over the top, then taking your large blending brush blend it to make the line softer.
  5. Once happy with your liner apply Sand Timer and Forgiveness over areas that need touching up.
  6. Apply mascara as desired.
  7. For lips we used Dior Kiss in 778 Red Currant
  8. Apply bronzer on cheeks and up to temples and down the nose (basically where the sun would hit!). Bronzer used was No7 Perfectly Bronzed Dual Bronzer. Blusher should be applied on the apples of the cheeks and blended outwards, we used MAC Sheertone Shimmer Blush in Peachtwist. For highlighter I applied Benefit High Beam on the cheekbones and browbones, I went over that with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle.

Hair

The hair is really simple and takes a few minutes to do!

  1. Tie your hair up in desired position of your bun.
  2. Twist hair and hold on to end.
  3. Wrap the twisted hair around where your elastic/bobble is and secure the end with a curby grip/bobby pin/hair grip.
  4. Pull hair to loosen off and to create a bigger bun.
  5. Spray with hairspray!



Thank you to Natalie for being my "model", hope you like how the pictures turned out!
I hope you liked this tutorial!

- Katy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment