Friday 31 May 2013

Nailed It!

Doing my nails is one of my favourite things to do (albeit I'm not extremely good at it). Wether if it's to go with an outfit for an event or just because I'm bored and want to add a splash of colour to my life, I tend to do my nails 2 or 3 times a week.
 
I felt like sharing some of the brands and colours I have and give you an insight into which ones I think are the best!

 
 
Barry M

Colours (l-r): 296 Coral, 291 Cobalt Blue, GNP12 Greenberry, 54 Clear
 
These are probably my favourite nail polishes I have so far. I don't know why, but I just love Barry M nail polish. They last me about 2/3 days before they chip (I bite my nails and I use my hands a lot at school and work so that's pretty good!) The colour comes out exactly as it is in the pot and you can get away with only one coat if you're in a rush or don't feel like putting on two!
The clear polish on the end is a basecoat, top coat and nail hardener all in one. I, myself, using it as a base/topcoat don't really find it does much except adds a little extra shine. I mostly use it as the hardener. I have a bad habit of picking my nail polish off (sorry!) especially if i'm at work or school and think I have nothing better to do which leaves my nails looking dry and just unhealthy, so when I get home I apply this and instantly they look better. (I know it's not exactly meant for that but, hey, it works!)
I bought these in Superdrug as they have pretty much every colour there, but you can also buy them online at http://www.barrym.com/
 
Rimmel
I bought these a couple of days ago when I went to the pharmacy with my mum to pick something up. There was a basket on the counter with loads of nail polishes in it marked down to 99p. Obviously, I couldn't contain myself as I bought one of every colour they had - the only one I didn't buy was a black cracked effect topcoat!
As I haven't had these for long, I've only tried out one colour which was the Coral colour. I wouldn't call it Coral as it's more pink/red in colour compared to the orangey Barry M coral but it is still very nice - watermelon would suit it better. All of these polishes (except the red) come with a flat brush which is meant to make the polish be applied completely in one stroke, however I didn't find that it done that as it missed out the sides. The brush also didn't seem to hold much polish so it needed about 3 coats to become opaque and because it's rather thick, I ended up smudging 2 of my nails (although that could have been because I put the polish on thickly). I used my Barry M base/topcoat with this and it has chipped slightly. I don't know yet what the other colours are like, but once I have used them I will update this post!
 
Sinful Colours
Colour:Why Not
 
I was in superdrug with Katy and we came accross Sinful Colours. They were £1.99 each and I decided to pick up one. The colour is pretty true to the pot but it darkens slightly on the nail. It applies easily and you could probably get away with one coat if you so wished. It lasts a fairly decent amount of time, about 3 days before it chips.
 
 
OPI
Colour (L-R): Prized Possesion Purple, One Less Lonely Glitter
 
No, you're not seeing things. That IS Justin Bieber on the little tag. These are the OPI nail polishes that Justin sponsered or something. I don't really know. What I do know is my mum got me them in Claires and they take FOREVER to go opaque. I'm talking 4+ coats. The glitter one is more for putting over another colour but does work on it's own too. They don't chip for a while which is good but I'm not going to rush for more when I run out (I don't even think they still sell them).
 
 
 If you click on Justin's name, you will be taken to Justin's fanclub. I'm not asking you to sign up, it takes you to my Meet and Greet photo. Yes, I'm a Belieber. No, I'm not delusional and think we're going to get married! No, I won't talk about him all the time. I'm just getting him out of the way now and unless something amazing happens I won't write any blog posts about him. Ok, we're good. haha
Also, if you want to buy any of the polishes I have shown, the ones I can find online have a link placed in their name. so if you want the Barry M topcoat, go to the picture and underneat where it has the colours, if you click "clear" it will take you to where you can purchase it :)
 
 
- Emma xx
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment